Place of Publication
Chaetanthera and Oriastrum: 136 (2010)
Based on Chaetanthera linearis Poepp. ex Less. var. albiflora Phil., “En las provincias de Atacama y Coquimbo” (Holotipo en SGO)
- Chaetanthera albiflora Phil.
- Chaetanthera linearis Poepp. ex Less. var. albiflora
- Chaetanthera linifolia (Bertero) Less. var. albiflora
- Chaetanthera linearis Poepp. ex Less. var. taltalensis
- Chaetanthera leucantha Phil. ex sched.
- Chaetanthera microphylla (Cass.) Hook. & Arn. var. albiflora
Annual herb up to 20 cm tall.
Close to C. linearis but can be distinguished by its succulent leaves and bright green and with fine hairs. It also has white flowers with a wine-red vein on the back of the petal.
Distribution and habitat
Occurs between the provinces of Antofagasta and Cachapoal (25°-34°30’ lat. S), below 1000 metres above sea level (between 1600-1800 m near to Vicuña y Hurtado). It is distributed along the Coastal Cordillera, but it extends into inland areas from the southern boundary of the Atacama region. It grows on dunes, sand banks on roadsides and on well-drained hillsides. It flowers from July to February.
DistributionShow all locations
Davies, A.M.R. 2010. Chaetanthera and Oriastrum. A systematic revision of Chaetanthera Ruiz and Pav. and the reinstatement of Oriastrum Poepp. and Endl. (Asteraceae: Mutisieae). Alemania: Südwestdeutscher Verlag für Hochschriften