Place of Publication
Edinburgh New Philos. J. 11: 377-378 (1832)
“This species was raised by Mr Neill from seeds communicated from Chile by the gentleman to whom I have dedicated it, and by whom, in conjunction with Mr Cruckshanks, so new an appearance has within these few years been given to our greenhouses”
- Clinopodium chilense (Benth.) Govaerts
- Gardoquia chilensis Benth.
- Satureja chilensis (Benth.) Briq.
- Satureja gilliesii (Graham) Briq.
- menta de árbol (Morales (2018))
- oreganillo. (Morales (2018))
Graham, R. 1832. Description of several new and rare plants which have lately flowered in the neighbourhood of Edinburgh, and chiefly in the Royal Botanic Garden. Edinburgh New Philosophical Journal. Edinburgh. 11:376-380
Morales, R. 2018. Labiates (Lamiaceae) of Chile. Anales del Jardín Botánico de Madrid 75(1):1-74
- Not threatened
Seed of this species is banked by the national seed bank of Chile, INIA.